Update Reply returns noop

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jul 25 16:51:12 CEST 2016

On Jul 25, 2016, at 10:19 AM, Anastasios Gryponisiotis <plant7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I did not think I should dump my entire configuration and debug log for
> this very specific question. That was in consideration for all who would
> try to help, as I think this is a very specific question I am posing.

  When I say "we need the full debug log", I mean for you to post the full debug log.  You should NOT respond by arguing that it isn't necessary.

  All of the documentation, FAQ, "man" pages, web pages, and messages pretty much daily on this list say to post the full debug log.

  There is no reason for you to ignore all of that advice.

> My problem is that the update is not affected unless i put a reject
> statement as well. What I am expecting is my update reply statement to
> update the reply and not return noop, since it would have operated upon the
> reply.

  It does update the reply.  It does NOT change WHAT KIND OF REPLY is sent by the server.

> Is this not a clear question? I do not want to frustrate anyone, but you
> are replying in a very specific way, which shows that you are more
> interested in being right than helping someone out.

  Stop complaining, or you will be unsubscribed from the list and permanently banned.

  I gave you detailed instructions on how to fix the problem.  Instead of following my instructions, you're complaining.

  Why?

> I respect your
> authority in all things FreeRADIUS but surely you cannot expect anyone to
> be on the same level as you in this mailing list, otherwise there would be
> no point in having a Users sub-forum.

  <sigh>  I wish people like you would get off your high horse.  You do not have the moral high ground here.

  As the expert, I told you *exactly* what you needed to do in order to fix the problem.  Instead of following instructions, you're complaining that my *intent* isn't to help you.  And you clearly don't intend to listen to my advice.

  i.e. as the NON expert, you think that you know better than me.

  Follow instructions and solve the problem, or go away.

  If you send another message complaining about how I'm being mean, you WILL be banned.  This list is for people who want to solve problems.  Not for people who get *offended* when someone helps them.