Update Reply returns noop

Anastasios Gryponisiotis plant7 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 22:47:21 CEST 2016

Please appreciate that I need to understand what needs to be done, not
mindlessly read documentation and change logic without knowing why/what I'm
doing wrong. Just because you say do it like this, does not help me to
understand anything, and probably just frustrates both of us. It's not
about being offended or you being mean. It is about people that have a
problem and trying to understand why, in order to fix it.

For the record, Mathew did not suggest doing a if/elseif/else tree. He
actually said that it would be too complicated to troubleshoot. His answer
was helpfull and insightful and got me thinking on alternative paths. You
are telling me that grouping requests with different ifs will not work
(although so far it is already working).

In any case, this is irrelevant to my original question.  It is up to me to
figure out the logic of the conditionals and I have not requested from
anyone to do this work for me. You are saying this in not going to work (Is
there a specific FreeRADIUS reason that conditional logic is different?)

I am not messing with the authenticate or authorize section as I already
said. All this is done in post_auth, and I am expecting all authenticated
users to go through these ifs in the post-auth section and if they make it
to only what I explicitly match, they will make it through, updated replies
and all. If not, they will hit the else which rejects them and stops
processing.

My question all along is why an update reply statement returns noop
although it is performing a change. I get this:

++++[reply] returns noop

I have read the documentation, which says that noop means "the module did
nothing". Isn't updating the reply something?

Thanks
AG