upgrade from v1 to v3 L2TP issues

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jun 6 20:27:05 CEST 2016

On Jun 3, 2016, at 12:02 PM, Andy Smith <a.smith at ldex.co.uk> wrote:

> just to update the thread, I think we´ve excluded the possibility that
> the issue is anything to do with the carriage return character.
>
> We continue with the issue, whereby on freeradius 1.1.18 everything
> works but as soon as we switch to  3.0.11 the L2TP stops working. The
> logs from radiusd -X seem to indicate everything is working so still
> stumped. We are building a dedicated test server so we can investigate
> further, tho currently Im not sure what other tests we can do so any
> suggestions gratefully received,

  Throw the NAS in the garbage and buy one that works.

  FreeRADIUS implements RADIUS correctly.  If the NAS is incompatible with it, the NAS is broken.

  If it matters... send me PCAP files of 1.1.18 and 3.0.11 off-list.  Use the shared secret "testing123".  I'll take at the packets and see if there's anything unusual.

  But I doubt it.