Authenticate to an external database

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jun 20 15:13:26 CEST 2016

On Jun 19, 2016, at 9:23 PM, Mauricio <mauri5000 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have a router with coova-chilli and openwrt, a  freeradius virtual server and i have a server with the users database.

  What kind of database?  That matters.

> I need authenticate the users, im trying with the rlm_rest and eap_tls,  im in the correct way ?

  EAP-TLS doesn't do password checking.  So probably not.

  But the better question is what are you trying to do?  You've hit on a solution "EAP-TLS + REST", but you haven't stated what the problem is.

> My doubt is because  freeradius server not know the users credentials. These ones are stored in an existing database in an external server.

  The server knows how to check credentials against an external database.  It's done this since 1999.

> Every user need to install a CA ?

  For EAP-TLS, yes.