3.0.11 - all threads blocked in "linelog"

Chaigneau, Nicolas nicolas.chaigneau at capgemini.com
Thu Jun 23 15:42:04 CEST 2016

> On Jun 23, 2016, at 4:40 AM, Chaigneau, Nicolas <nicolas.chaigneau at capgemini.com> wrote:
> > I'm currently trying to reproduce the issue on our test lab with FreeRADIUS 3.0.8 (so I can check it doesn't occur anymore with the 3.0.x HEAD), but so far without success.
> > (even with a heavy load, having linelog write in many different files...)
>
>   OK...
>
> > Do you have a test case which triggers the issue, that you could share ?
>
>   No, sorry.  Just reports, and a close reading of the code.
>
> > I've noticed the Changelog entry has been added on February 18, 2016.
> > There are several commits the day before, I assume one of them did fix the issue but I'm not sure which... could you specify which one I should look at ?
>
>   I don't see why it's relevant.  v3.0.x head has a number of fixes over 3.0.11, and it's just not worth it to re-visit all of those patches.
>
>   If v3.0.x head works, then it's fine.

Yes, of course.

But my concern is that I'm unable to guarantee to our customer that the issue is fixed in 3.0.x, because I can't reproduce the issue in our test lab.
So I can't check that it does not happen anymore in 3.0.x...

Did you get feedback of people having experienced this issue previously, and reporting that it does not happen anymore ?
This would be reassuring :)

Regards,
Nicolas.