comprehensive logging

Anirudh Malhotra 8zero2ops at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 12:15:22 CET 2016

Hi everyone,

I am trying to do comprehensive logging of requests coming to the radius
server, so that the administrators can know what user is doing wrong.

So i read about linelog and have configured somethings as follows:

- I have added a variable in dictionary
- # default file authorize section
 -sql
        if(ok){
        update control {
        My-Local-String := "sql_selected"
        }
        linelog
        }
- # linelog module
reference = "messages.%{%{control:My-Local-String}:-default}"
messages {
sql_selected = "user found in sql for %{User-Name}"
}

and it works, but I wanted to know is it the correct way to do it. As I
want to achieve it in best possible way. if not Is there any other way to
do comprehensive logging?

BR,
Anirudh Malhotra