Framed-Ip-Address - IpPool 0.0.0.0

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Mar 7 12:44:51 CET 2016

On Mar 7, 2016, at 12:47 AM, Luiz Fernando Softov <fernando at softov.com.br> wrote:
>> The default configuration never sends Framed-IP-Address = 0.0.0.0.  The sql_ippool module never does that, either.
>
> I did not say that sql_ippool sends this. I say only because i receive
> this on Received Accounting-Request

  Then say that.  Don't say "the client receives an address of 0.0.0.0"

  The two statements are VERY different.

> Sorry for the delay, there is the log. I don't know where i can upload
> this log, since this have 10MB
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/9dg1cn7zslfgdwd/radius.log?dl=0

  OK...

> (1031) Sent Access-Accept Id 120 from 177.52.73.21:1812 to
> 138.36.212.2:34706 length 0
> (1031)   Framed-Protocol = PPP
> (1031)   Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP
> (1031)   Mikrotik-Rate-Limit = "8000k/8000k 0/0 0/0 0/0 8 0/0"

  So the server isn't sending a Framed-IP-Address attribute.

  Why?  Well... if you *read* the debug output, you'll see that it never runs the "sqlippool" module for that packet

  In fact, it doesn't run the sqlippool module for *any* packet.

> What I wanted to know, is because sometimes clients receive the IP 0.0.0.0?

  Because you never told the server to assign an address to a user.

  Put "sqlippool" into the "post-auth" section.  It will then run the module... and assign addresses.

  The debug output shows all this.  We recommend reading the debug output because it explains what the server is doing.  You can learn a lot by reading it.  So read it.