EAP-TTLS/PAP with realm - <no User-Password attribute>

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Mar 15 01:03:12 CET 2016

On Mar 14, 2016, at 7:54 PM, Rob Gorrell <rwgorrel at uncg.edu> wrote:

> So when I try nostrip in my "realm rgorrell.net {" definition inside
> proxy.conf, I get what appears to be an infinite loop and a bunch of zombie
> messages out of the log file.

  Except you didn't configure it for that realm and "nostrip".  You configured it to proxy that realm back to localhost.  Which creates an infinite loop.

  Don't do that.

  If you want a realm to be handled as a local realm, just add this to proxy.conf:

realm rgorrel.net {
}

  That's it.

> I'm very much an new at setting up EAP, so most certainly I'm still doing
> something wrong, but for the pieces just aren't making clicking for me yet.
> any clarification you could provide me on "with suitable auth methods in
> the inner-tunnel virtual server"I would appreciate.

  Follow the instructions on http://deployingradius.com.  It WILL work.

  That web site contains detailed instructions on what to do, and why it works.