Force PAP to use unix password instead of windows

Stefan Paetow Stefan.Paetow at jisc.ac.uk
Thu Mar 17 10:55:38 CET 2016

>>>Disable the two lines for the 'samba??Password' entries?
>>
>	I can't disable them because I need the for eduroam auth. I want that
>other sites different than eduroam use unix password instead of windows
>one, without creating a specific ldap module for them.

Ahhhh... In that case, you might want to do some unlang in the authorize
section after ldap has been called...

I assume that you have some way of distinguishing when you want to use the
Unix password and when not. Use that distinction in an if...then...else
unlang statement to either erase the two control attributes for the NT
auth, or to skip calling mschap (which does the NTLM auth) in the
authorize section.

Stefan Paetow
Moonshot Industry & Research Liaison Coordinator

t: +44 (0)1235 822 125
gpg: 0x3FCE5142
xmpp: stefanp at jabber.dev.ja.net
skype: stefan.paetow.janet

jisc.ac.uk

Networkshop44, University of Manchester. Save the date: 22-24 March, 2016.
#NWS44

Jisc is a registered charity (number 1149740) and a company limited by
guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. 5747339, VAT
No. GB 197 0632 86. JiscĀ¹s registered office is: One Castlepark, Tower
Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800.

Jisc Collections and Janet Ltd. is a wholly owned Jisc subsidiary and a
company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under Company
No. number 2881024, VAT No. GB 197 0632 86. The registered office is:
Lumen House, Library Avenue, Harwell, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 0SG. T
01235 822200.