FreeRadius-2.2.9 - Help with NAS

Aurélio de Souza Ribeiro Neto netolistas at mpc.com.br
Sat Mar 19 17:04:13 CET 2016

Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie in FreeRadius.

I have a FreeRadius 2.2.9 authentication in MySQL database, and my NAS
is a Mikrotik routerboard. My dhcp-pool is MySQL.

Everything is working fine, but I have a problem:

I made a mistake and set different passwords on the NAS and the
database. So when my client requested access the Radius Server provided
an IP that was not received by NAS. The NAS then requested another one
and thus my pool finish.

Is there a way (perhaps post-auth) to prevent this form happening? Maybe
it is checking whether the NAS received the response from the Radius Server?

Thanks

Aurélio