Configurable failover : Different behavior between 2.1.12 and 2.2.5

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Mar 23 13:46:55 CET 2016

On Mar 23, 2016, at 5:24 AM, José Paredes <jose.paredes at adipsys.com> wrote:
> We have noticed changes of behavior after update from 2.1.12 to 2.2.5 and we would like to know which configuration is correct.
>
> Works on 2.1.12 :

  That worked by accident.  It was never intended to work.

> Works on 2.2.5 :

  That works by design.

> It works as expected but it doesn't seem to complie with the doc : /usr/share/doc/freeradius/configurable_failover.rst.gz

  It does comply with the documentation.

 The configurable failure documentation says that you can over-ride return codes for *modules*.  It doesn't say you can add "ok = reject" everywhere.

> On another thread Alan suggested that this was the proper way to do it is but it doesn't reject the user :

  Because the configuration you posted doesn't contain "reject".