Freeradius/LDAP Authentication issue

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Mar 23 18:26:04 CET 2016

On Mar 23, 2016, at 1:08 PM, Benjamin Dupalut <benjamin.dupalut at esiee.fr> wrote:
> First of all, sorry for my bad english.

  Your English is fine.

> I have installed Freeradius (Version: 2.2.5+dfsg-0.2) on Debian 8.3 to authenticate users via our LDAP. I  face an issue when i perform this radtest : /radtest toto "totopassword" 127.0.0.1 18120 "clientpassword"/

  Is "clientpassword" the password for the client "localhost" ?

  Please check.  The default is "testing123".

> Here is the freeradius -X debug :
> +} # group authorize = ok

  And note no "pap" module is in the "authorize" section.

  You edited the default configuration and broke it.  Don't do that.

  The "pap" module must be listed last in the "authorize" section.  See the default configuration for examples

>  WARNING: Unprintable characters in the password.  Double-check the shared secret on the server and the NAS!

  That message cannot be made any clearer.  The shared secret is wrong.