802.1X Extra Miles

Igor Novgorodov igor at novg.net
Wed May 4 18:33:56 CEST 2016

We're running FreeRADIUS that authenticates 5-6 *million* users per day
(with peaks about 1000 requests per second) on a small VM with 4 vCPU.
Memory usage is negligible (200-300MBytes) even with
max_queue_size=1048576, cleanup_delay=30, max_requests=262144

The database is what's loaded more, but it depends on complexity and
number of requests per authentication event.

So your case should not be a problem at all.