"Unknown action 'rlm_sql_mysql'" in v3 unoffical ubuntu build

Dustin S dsoodak at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 21:37:26 CEST 2016

I tried installing freeradius 3 using the ppa at:
https://launchpad.net/~freeradius/+archive/ubuntu/stable-3.0

Everything works fine (passed all the tests for using the various types of authentication) but when I try to get it to use mysql, I get the following from "freeradius -X":
Unknown action 'rlm_sql_mysql'

The only idea I have is from

http://wiki.freeradius.org/modules/Rlm_sql_mysql
which says you should install mysql first so the  libmysqlclient* libraries are automatically detected during compile.

Dustin

p.s.: here is more of the output:

# Instantiating module "logintime" from file /etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/logintime
} # modules
radiusd: #### Loading Virtual Servers ####
server { # from file /etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf
} # server
server inner-tunnel { # from file /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel
/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/sql[31]: Unknown action 'rlm_sql_mysql'.
/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[48]: Errors parsing authorize section.