LDAP CONFIGURATION IN FreeRadius

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu May 5 08:24:53 CEST 2016

Hi,

>    The LDAP config and Cert I am trying to verify is for the ssl connection
>    between the FreeRadius servers and the LDAP server itself when queries
>    sent to the LDAP server.

for v2,

/etc/raddb/modules/ldap

see the lines:

	server = "ldap.your.domain"

	#  Port to connect on, defaults to 389. Setting this to
	#  636 will enable LDAPS if start_tls (see below) is not
	#  able to be used.
	#port = 389

and for secure TLS stuff, look in that same file for the

	tls {
	}

section

you will need to ensure that the appropriate parts are complete

you may find that things are missing, empty because the original admin
decided that the 'best thing' would be to remove stuff...in which case you need to
look at original files....

alan