LDAP CONFIGURATION IN FreeRadius

WINANT, KEVIN KW517G at att.com
Fri May 6 01:02:59 CEST 2016

Hi Alan, you are right, with all the EXCELLENT forum help we received through users-lists,  determined it all executes from a perl, bgmod.pl.
That perl  calls up a stunnel.conf file which had the LDAP configuration within and it identified the ROOT CA  (.pem file) being used for the secure connection to the LDAP server..
We were then able to decipher the .pem file to validate the issuing CA, issuing CA's Root serial  number and date.

Knew we were using LDAP because every request a defined FW receives from an end user to authenticate through that FW (to the environment behind the firewall) is passed to FreeRadius,  which then verifies the end users id/pswd using LDAP to the Corporate Directory.
SO, knew it was defined in there someplace but not the expected place.
Excellent forum, good answers, right answers, no BS.
I Thank You All!!!!