Old Users File won't Load on 3.x

Norman Zhang norman.zhang at gmail.com
Thu May 19 01:46:38 CEST 2016

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 7:28 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>
wrote:

>   Which version?  That would help.

radiusd: FreeRADIUS Version 3.0.4, for host x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, built
on Dec 28 2014 at 07:00:16

>   In v3.0.x branch (soon 3.0.12), I get:
>
> ./raddb/mods-config/files/authorize[1]: Parse error (check) for entry
> DEFAULT: Unknown or invalid value "System" for attribute Auth-Type

Does this mean Auth-Type = System is no longer supported? Below is the
complete USERS file.

Thanks,
Norman

#
# The rest of this file contains the several DEFAULT entries.
# DEFAULT entries match with all login names.
# Note that DEFAULT entries can also Fall-Through (see first entry).
# A name-value pair from a DEFAULT entry will _NEVER_ override
# an already existing name-value pair.
#

#
# First setup all accounts to be checked against the UNIX /etc/passwd.
# (Unless a password was already given earlier in this file).
#

DEFAULT Group == users-ro, Auth-Type = System
        Service-Type = NAS-Prompt-User,
        cisco-avpair := "shell:priv-lvl=7"

DEFAULT Group == users-rw, Auth-Type = System
        Service-Type = NAS-Prompt-User,
        cisco-avpair := "shell:roles*\"network-admin vdc-admin\"",
        cisco-avpair += "shell:priv-lvl=15"

DEFAULT Group == usersb-ro, Auth-Type = System
        Service-Type = NAS-Prompt-User,
        cisco-avpair := "shell:roles=usersb"

#
# Defaults for all framed connections.
#
DEFAULT Service-Type == Framed-User
        Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254,
        Framed-MTU = 576,
        Service-Type = Framed-User,
        Fall-Through = Yes

#
# Default for PPP: dynamic IP address, PPP mode, VJ-compression.
# NOTE: we do not use Hint = "PPP", since PPP might also be auto-detected
#       by the terminal server in which case there may not be a "P" suffix.
#       The terminal server sends "Framed-Protocol = PPP" for auto PPP.
#
DEFAULT Framed-Protocol == PPP
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

#
# Default for CSLIP: dynamic IP address, SLIP mode, VJ-compression.
#
DEFAULT Hint == "CSLIP"
        Framed-Protocol = SLIP,
        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

#
# Default for SLIP: dynamic IP address, SLIP mode.
#
DEFAULT Hint == "SLIP"
        Framed-Protocol = SLIP

# On no match, the user is denied access.

DEFAULT Auth-Type := Reject
        Reply-Message := "Access denied"