force exit on instanciated ldap module

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Nov 4 01:03:38 CET 2016

On Nov 3, 2016, at 7:24 AM, Ramon Escriba <escriba at cells.es> wrote:
> We only use one Ldap server. Each vlan has one subtree with all macs allowed to connect there. So a Ldap query, "the instance", does a mac search in only this vlan subtree.
> Maybe is not the use 'ldap instances' were designed to.

  The issue isn't design.  The issue is you're doing 4 times the queries necessary.

> So a kind off multi evaluated field, it makes sense, but, how can I extract/use each of those individual fields via ldap?

  That's largely up to you.  A good part of system design is *design*.  Design the database schema so that you need one query to get the data you need.

>> The config you posted should work.  If the information is found in ldap server 1, it returns, and doesn't check ldap server 2.
> It worked fine in old v 1.1, but not in v3.0.
> Now, with v3.0.10, all ldap subtrees are checked anyway.

  Well... read the debug log.

> rlm_ldap (BL01): Opening additional connection (5), 1 of 27 pending slots used
> rlm_ldap (BL01): Connecting to ldap://127.0.0.1:389
> rlm_ldap (BL01): Waiting for bind result...
> rlm_ldap (BL01): Bind successful
> (0)     [BL01] = updated

  Change the configuration to return on "updated", instead of "ok".