Matching a prefix in huntgroups file

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Sun Nov 6 17:48:12 CET 2016

On 05/11/2016 20:23, Alan Buxey wrote:
> I've offered you advice. Ignore both myself and Alan DeKok if you
> think huntgroups can't be slower than unlang.

Would you care to explain then? Because when I look in the code, it
looks like huntgroups just iterates over paircmp and hunt_paircmp,
stopping at the first match.

But in any case, I don't really care about a sub-microsecond
optimisation, when the majority of the latency and processing is in the
LDAP lookup and subsequent processing. If huntgroups makes the logic
clearer and easier to maintain, that is the more important benefit to me.

Regards,

Brian.