libmemcached and FR 3.0.12 on CentOS 6.x

Stefan Paetow Stefan.Paetow at jisc.ac.uk
Tue Nov 8 17:49:14 CET 2016

>>In /usr/lib64, I have several libmemcached.* files, make's found the
>> includes, so... What are we missing?
>
>  Read config.log.  Look for "memcache", and see if there are compiler
>errors, linker errors, etc.

*grumble* *swears under his breath*

Apparently *someone* decided not to include the .a in the
libmemcached-devel package. *pointedly looks at RedHat/CentOS/Fedora
people*

The CentOS 7 package apparently includes it, so I guess that means we
won't include rlm_cache_memcached in our 3.0.12 package... Unless we roll
our own, and then install it, and then make it available, and... and...
and... *ARGH*

*sigh*

Stefan Paetow
Moonshot Industry & Research Liaison Coordinator

t: +44 (0)1235 822 125
gpg: 0x3FCE5142
xmpp: stefanp at jabber.dev.ja.net
skype: stefan.paetow.janet

jisc.ac.uk

Jisc is a registered charity (number 1149740) and a company limited by
guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. 5747339, VAT
No. GB 197 0632 86. JiscĀ¹s registered office is: One Castlepark, Tower
Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800.