Matching a prefix in huntgroups file

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Nov 9 20:32:08 CET 2016

On 09/11/2016 16:30, Alan DeKok wrote:

> For the second example, you have to guess that the LHS is a CIDR?
> Parsing random strings *correctly* is hard.

No absolutely not. Magic typing is the work of the devil. You force the
author to cast an untyped LHS and bomb out if the cast fails - at
compile time for constants, runtime for dynamics:

if ('10.254.0.0/16'::ipaddress contains &NAS-IP-Address)

if (&Tmp-String-0::ipaddress ...)

OT: remind me why & is now a thing in front of unlang attribute names,
as opposed to defining barewords as attributes?