Matching a prefix in huntgroups file

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Fri Nov 11 12:05:39 CET 2016

On 10/11/2016 21:50, Alan DeKok wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2016, at 12:31 PM, Brian Candler <b.candler at pobox.com> wrote:
>> On 09/11/2016 19:44, Alan DeKok wrote:
>>>    So... &Foo is *always* an attribute reference.  /foo/ is *always* a regex.  "foo" is *always* an expanded string.  'foo' is *always* a constant string.  And bare words are... of the devil.
>> It seems to me that bare numbers, and bare ipv4/ipv6 addresses and prefixes, could be recognised as such by the lexical analyser pretty easily.  If you want the string "345" or "1.2.3.4" instead, then you put quotes around it.
>    Numerical IPv4 addresses have large overlap with hostnames.
Is there a RADIUS data type for "hostname" which is not a string? I
could not find it in "man dictionary"

             The type field can be one of the standard types:

                  string       UTF-8 printable text (the RFCs call this
"text")
                  octets       opaque binary data (the RFCs call this
"string")
                  ipaddr       IPv4 address
                  date         Seconds since January 1, 1970 (32-bits)
                  integer      32-bit unsigned integer
                  ipv6addr     IPv6 Address
                  ipv6prefix   IPV6 prefix, with mask
                  ifid         Interface Id (hex:hex:hex:hex)
                  integer64   64-bit unsigned integer

             The type field can be one of the following non-standard types:

                  ether        Ethernet MAC address
                  abinary      Ascend binary filter format
                  byte         8-bit unsigned integer
                  short        16-bit unsigned integer
                  signed       31-bit signed integer (packed into 32-bit
field)
                  tlv          Type-Length-Value (allows nested attributes)
                  ipv4prefix   IPv4 Prefix as given in RFC 6572.

Put another way: how is a hostname distinct from a string? Is there any
location in unlang where you would want to use a bare hostname, where
you couldn't enclose it in double-quotes to make it a string?

Regards,

Brian.