Elegant solution to per MAC Framed-IP-Address?

Toby Walsh walshtj at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 15:16:57 CET 2016

I'm setting up my network to have a DHCP server with host
reservations. I'm using EAP-Auth with PEAP-mschapv2 on each user's
device, so they log in with a username and password and CA. I'm using
mysql to back Freeradius and in the radreply table when I started
configuring I had a username and Framed-IP-Address for my single test
device. However, each user may connect with one of several devices,
each with a different reserved IP. So I'd prefer to lookup the
Framed-IP-Address with a MAC address instead despite using the regular
username for authentication.

Rather than reinvent the wheel myself, has anyone done this in a nice
clean way and is willing to share their custom queries/config?

Or can I just ignore the radreply table altogether and delete the
Framed-IP-Address?

Thanks,
Toby