Temporary accounts

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Tue Nov 15 22:35:37 CET 2016

Alan DeKok wrote:
> On Nov 15, 2016, at 4:20 PM, Zsolt <dqeswn at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can I set up users accounts in v3.x which expire after some specified time
>> after login? (If yes, how?)
>
>   FreeRADIUS does not have the concept of accounts, and it does not automatically manage accounts for you.
>
>   I would suggest creating a custom SQL table [..]

Another option if you have an LDAP server which supports RFC 2589 is to create
LDAP entries with auxiliary object class 'dynamicObject'. Compliant servers will
remove these entries after TTL expiry.

I've tested this with Active Directory and OpenLDAP (with slapo-dds).

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2589

Ciao, Michael.