Building FR 4.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.1

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Nov 21 17:42:22 CET 2016

On Nov 21, 2016, at 11:20 AM, Alex Sharaz <alex.sharaz at york.ac.uk> wrote:

> Trying to build FR 4.0 on This flavour of Ubuntu and I get

  The short answer is "don't use 4.0".  At least until January.  We're working on re-architecting large portions of it.

  If you need a RADIUS server, use v3.0.12.  If you need a bit more functionality, use the v3.1.x branch from github.

  At this point, there are few reasons to use v4.  Especially while it's still in development.

> root at prodn2:/usr/local/src/freeradius-server-4.0.x# make
> scripts/boiler.mk:628: src/modules/rlm_lua/rlm_lua.mk: No such file or
> directory
> scripts/boiler.mk:628: src/modules/rlm_lua/libfreeradius-lua.mk: No such
> file or directory
> make: *** No rule to make target 'src/modules/rlm_lua/libfreeradius-lua.mk'.
> Stop.
>
> What do I need  to install to get a bit further?

  Nothing.  Just re-run "configure".