EAP-MD5 Deprecation

David Teston dteston at georgialibraries.org
Tue Nov 22 15:50:53 CET 2016

Hi All,

I've been using the apt repo package of FreeRadius (version 2.x) on Ubuntu
16.04. Recently, I switched to the GitHub repo version 3.1.x.

I want to use "radtest -t eap-md5 ..." for testing which is supported in
2.x at /usr/bin/radtest, but 3.1.x uses a different radtest client
(/usr/local/bin/radtest) which doesn't have support for eap-md5.

Why is eap-md5 not there anymore? Does anyone know how to get this to work,
short of copying the file? Additionally, all of my passwords are MD5 hashed.

Thanks in advance,
David

--
David Teston