DHCP NAT (and Relay) and Static Addressing based on Option82/Circuit ID

Martin Edge medge at emersion.com
Thu Nov 24 01:21:47 CET 2016

Alan,

I read your DHCP File over and over, I am unclear which part should be glaringly obvious to me.

Anyway, I have solved the issue.

Now I can better follow the debug output - There isn't a DHCP-Relay attribute, rather a DHCP-Gateway address, which seems to *create* the DHCP-Relay attribute - so my condition was never going to work.

It would seem the updated Relay-IP-Address needs to go in the 'reply' not the 'request'. I have now done this and it seems to be working.

        if (&DHCP-Gateway-IP-Address && "%{Packet-Src-IP-Address}" == "43.x.x.65") {
                update reply {
                        &DHCP-Relay-IP-Address := "%{Packet-Src-IP-Address}"

-Pools- (static)
Yes, finding the documentation is easy when you understand the context of what you're being told. I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Regards
Martin.