FreeRADIUS server: Error in testing user access!

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Nov 28 15:21:06 CET 2016

On Nov 28, 2016, at 9:05 AM, Pedro GarcĂ­a Teodoro <pgteodor at ugr.es> wrote:
>                Dear all,

  I don't know what mail program you're using, but it's butchering your messages.  That makes it very hard to read.

>                Regretfully, the authentication fails, the debugger saying:
> (0) Received Access-Request Id 239 from 127.0.0.1:39509 to 127.0.0.1:1812
> length 73
> (0)   User-Name = "bob"
> (0)   User-Password = "hello"
> (0)   NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.1.1
> (0)   NAS-Port = 0
> (0)   Message-Authenticator = 0x5456ab996d2c7087d14a1529bd8c950d
> (0) ERROR: No Auth-Type found: rejecting the user via Post-Auth-Type =
> Reject

  You edited the configuration and broke it.  Don't do that.

  i.e. you edited raddb/sites-enabled/default, and destroyed it.  Or, you removed it entirely.

  The default configuration works.  The default installation of the server uses the default configuration.  Which works.

  If you don't know how the server works, don't destroy the configuration files.