Radius 3.0.12 crashes on mysql DB conection failiure

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Oct 3 12:20:29 CEST 2016

Hi,

> I am using freeradius version 3.0.12  with rlm_perl module and using mysql
> with it. When there is connectivity issue with mysql DB or it is
> unavailable my radius gets crash and i am getting following error.
>
>  Sat Oct  1 15:04:35 2016 : Debug: (1) perl: perl_embed:: module =
> /usr/local/etc/raddb/mods-config/perl/example.pl , func = authenticate exit
> status= All data sources failed! at /usr/local/share/perl5/DBD/Multi.pm
> line 367.
>
> I also tried to catch this error using TryCatch module but it failed.

your PERL module is the one that cannot handle the lack of MySQL.  so,
you need to code it so it gracefully deals with the issue....or ask yourself
why are you using the PERL module rather than just natively using MySQL with FreeRADIUS
and some unlang.  whats your use case? can you just ditch the PERL?
(the answer , with 3.0.x , is usually yes)

alan