How do track the request cache -- 3.0.4

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Oct 4 16:51:37 CEST 2016

On Oct 4, 2016, at 10:16 AM, Mark Williams <martialstudy at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to have the server to report/log when it has reached the maximum number of requests which the server keeps track of? The default logging doesn't seem to relay that information. Does the status v-server report such things?

  The server logs a message to the default log file every time it hits "max_requests".

> I understand the server might hit that value, come down, and hit it again multiple times in a very very short period of time, but the information would be nice to have.

  Look in the log file.

  If your system is hitting max_requests, you have one of a few issues:

a) your database is slow.  Fix your DB.

b) the load on the system spiked, and the server can't keep up.  Add more CPU, or have it start dropping packets.