Ability to emit warnings in debug mode

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Oct 17 17:20:35 CEST 2016

Hi,

> I have an odd question... I know in the case of the 'cui' and the
> 'moonshot-targeted-ids' policies, there is a salt value that is by default
> 'changeme'. Is there any ability for a policy to emit a warning in debug
> mode when it finds that one of its components is not changed from the
> default 'changeme'?
>
> Just a thought... I want to make sure that those deploying the latter
> policy are warned before/prevented from using the policy when the salt is
> not changed.

better still, dont let it run if the policy is the default...... ie set the value
as a variable...and then check if that value is the default and stop the server
running....a hard exit.  not just a warning.....as its a salt..and totally pointless
if its a known value.

some may say its too harsh...is which case, just set the request to a reject if the salt is
the default value....

alan