Linelog & radmin

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Oct 17 20:52:27 CEST 2016

On Oct 17, 2016, at 1:33 PM, Peter Balsianok <balsianok.peter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, i need to have the content of REQUEST,CONTROL & REPLY for solving
> customer trouble tickets. I want to have it on the same place as main log.

  Why does it need to be the same place as the main log?  It shouldn't matter that much.

> I see benefit to have HUPing in the rad_linelog (e.g.  log rotation). At
> this moment i have only one options, after log rotation i have to restart
> whole server.

  You can HUP main.log, and then HUP each linelog module individually.  Some messages may go to the old file, but it should generally work.

  Or, send a patch which has the linelog module do logging via the main log API.  The problem will then go away.