Wiki build instructions

Peter Lambrechtsen peter at crypt.nz
Wed Oct 19 01:40:43 CEST 2016

One thing I have noticed is when building the RPMs on RHEL 7 is the way you
now need to use systemctl. Oh how I miss the init.d script simplicity.

The radiusd.service gets dropped into
/usr/lib/systemd/system/radiusd.service and in there it references
/etc/sysconfig/radiusd for any custom settings on startup as per how the
RPM is built using the RPM spec file.

Any thoughts about also creating a /etc/sysconfig/radiusd file with a
commented out example as part of the default deployment and naturally don't
update it when upgrading the RPMs.

#Radius config, load the configuration from a different directory
#FREERADIUS_OPTIONS="-d /appl/freeradius/Internal/raddb"

I couldn't see any other variables used apart from FREERADIUS_OPTIONS as
systemctl is just calling radiusd with command line options.