How to Restrict a Group of Users to a certain NAS or groups of NAS?

Alexander Sergeyev sergeev917 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 09:20:13 CEST 2016

> I got a question, How to Restrict a User or Group of Users to a certain NAS or groups of NAS?

I'm not an experienced freeradius user too, but I have the setup where
there are different certificate OUs for wired and wireless access.
What I came up with is to give each NAS a "shortname" option in
clients configuration. Then distingiushing between access servers is a
simple check of the "client:shortname" variable.
Hopefully, it's possible to do the same for groups of users and access
servers too. For the latter I suggest looking up huntgroups
configuration (then use the Huntgroup-Name variable).