EAP-TTLS not working

Marlen Caemmerer caemmerer at ash-berlin.eu
Thu Oct 27 12:49:13 CEST 2016

Hello,

thanks for your answers.

I upgraded to 3.0.12 and got debug output as attached.

It seems strange that Windows 8 and 10 are able to connect while MacOS
and Linux aren't.

As far as I understand MacOS tries to use MS-CHAPv2 and this does not
seem to work.

It seems my perl auth script does not get a password through while using
mschapv2.

Am 2016-10-17 17:29, schrieb A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk:

>> /var/log/radius-eduroam/radacct/127.0.0.1/auth-detail-20161017
>> [auth_log] expand: %t -> Mon Oct 17 15:05:33 2016
>> ++[auth_log] = ok
>> [suffix] Looking up realm "ash-berlin.eu" for User-Name =
>> "anonymous at ash-berlin.eu"
>> [suffix] No such realm "ash-berlin.eu"
>
> so, a realm you are trying to auth isnt defined in the proxy.conf as one of your own eg
>
> realm ash-berlin.eu {
> }

Did that :)

> [files] users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 1
> what is on line 1 of your users file?(I shudder to think....)
>
> Found Auth-Type = Perl
> Found Auth-Type = EAP
> Warning: Found 2 auth-types on request for user
> yes....see that warning. you are forcing rhe server to do something - eg Auth-Type
> is being manually set. you shouldnt need to do that...

I read this in the readme of rlm_perl which I use -
http://wiki.freeradius.org/modules/Rlm_perl [1]
So I set

DEFAULT Auth-Type := Perl
 Fall-Through = yes

in the users (ok now it is mods-config/files/authorize) file. The rest
is commented out.

If I take this entry out login via Windows fails, too.

> ++? if (("%{control:Proxy-To-Realm}" == "DEFAULT") && (User-Name =~
> /.*@ash-berlin.eu$/)) -> FALSE
> as you can see, this policy you have isnt matching. if you have the relam defined, you can just check for %{Realm}
> being populated...nice and easy.

Which would be the appropriate file to do this?

> now, the debug never shows an access-accept or reject.....the server never ends up in an inner-tunnel.
>
> what is the PERL script for? does it need to be called for an EAP auth in the outer phase? you need to
> streamline the policy so only calls to relevant modules are called in the outer phase and only the
> bits you need (once EAP tunnel has been configured, client happy with cert from server etc) are
> called....

The perl script is for a custom type of authentication only.
I have difficulties understanding what inner and outer identity are. Do
you have a good hint on what to read to fully understand this?

With kind regards,
 Marlen Caemmerer

 Alice Salomon Hochschule
 Computerzentrum