Salted SHA512

Laurens Vets laurens at daemon.be
Mon Sep 5 01:36:39 CEST 2016

On 2016-09-03 19:49, Nathan Ward wrote:
> The logs say:
>
> (1) eap_md5: Cleartext-Password is required for EAP-MD5 authentication
>
> I do not know the intricacies of EAP so can’t comment further on why
> this is the case, but, that’s where you should start.

Hmm, not sure where to look. It seems both OpenVPN and StrongSwan send
EAP requests to FreeRADIUS, but from when I can see, EAP only supports
MD5 and Crypt? Does that mean I should change it to PAP instead of EAP?

The goal is to have OpenVPN and StrongSwan authenticate users with
FreeRADIUS and have their password encrypted in the radius database.