Troubleshooting EAP-TLS with External Certificates

Matthew West matthew.t.west at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 19:36:22 CEST 2016

> Your company descriptions reads like you could be working for the NSA :-)

We are a private company that specializes in CALEA compliance and content
delivery required for it, though we work with clients around the world.  We
have an office in the London, too, actually.   Definitely interesting work,
but I just make sure the networking works!

> You'll find some info from NetworkRADIUS at
> http://networkradius.com/freeradius-documentation/index.html
> which may be what you're looking for.

Yes, I've been looking there.  Since RADIUS existed before AAA and has been
used for a variety of functions, I thought it would be good to learn the
history, services it's been used for, and how that's changed to what it's
used for today.  Would looking through the attributes help me better
understand this?

> You don't need a separate server for git. Just "git init" in any
> directory, and you've got a repository there.

Looking forward to learning it; long overdue.

> It is useful though to use existing Git infrastructure if it is managed
> and actively maintained, preferably by your central IT function.

Looks like I might have to talk to devs again.  Uh oh.  ;)

Thanks again for all your input and help.  I've made immense progress this
week.  Next up is using CRLs, then tightening the server up.  I may have
some more questions regarding CRLs once I start digging into the format,
how they can be distributed, etc.

Thank you all very much and have a great weekend!

Matthew West