acctuniqueid

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Sep 19 15:23:09 CEST 2016

On Sep 19, 2016, at 8:29 AM, Aurélio de Souza Ribeiro Neto <netolistas at mpc.com.br> wrote:

>       I'm using FreeRadius 2.2.9.
>
>       I'm experiencing some problems with acctuniqueid.
>
>       My users allways come from the same NAS, and I have this errors:
>
>       Error: [sql] Couldn't insert SQL accounting START record -
>   Duplicate entry '8805551441c487d8' for key 'acctuniqueid'

  Your NAS is garbage.

>       My acct_unique sesssion is:
>
>       acct_unique {
>          key = "User-Name, Acct-Session-Id, NAS-IP-Address,
>   Client-IP-Address, NAS-Port"
>      }

  If all of those are identical, then the error message can be ignored.

  Your NAS is garbage, and is sending two accounting "start" packets.  It's not supposed to do that,

>       I think if I put additional clause like timestamp or something like
>   this, I can solve my problem.

  No.  Do NOT put a timestamp into acct_unique.  If it was a good idea, we would already have done it.  It's not a good idea.  It will create new acct_unique values for every single packet, even different packets for the same session.

  It's a terrible idea.  Leave everything alone, and ignore the message.  Or, buy a NAS that works, and the message will go away,