LDAP failure and Freeradius

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Sep 19 22:58:13 CEST 2016

Hi,
> So, when the ldap module can't bind to the ldap server, it fails to start. I found something in the archives about how to fix this but it was for freeradius 2.x. I'm using it for EAP authentication. I want freeradius to still start and fall back on other forms of authentication like file. Do I need an option in one of the files in policy.d?

with recent versions you just ensure that the 'start' value for connections is '0'
as per the docs:

		#  Connections to create during module instantiation.
		#  If the server cannot create specified number of
		#  connections during instantiation it will exit.
		#  Set to 0 to allow the server to start without the
		#  directory being available.
		start = ${thread[pool].start_servers}

alan