AnyEvent::Hiredis module crashes when redis connection failed

feroze waris feroze.chaudhry at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 17:19:42 CEST 2016

Hi All

I am using Freeradius 2.2.1  server with AnyEvent::Hiredis module to
connect to redis server. When my redis server stops or unreachable
freeradius crashes with the following error

rlm_perl: perl_embed:: module = /usr/local/etc/raddb/example.pl , func =
accounting exit status= ac does not have a struct associated with it at
/usr/local/share/perl5/AnyEvent/Hiredis.pm line 84.

I also tried exception handling using Trycatch to catch the error but it is
not working because radius already crashes before replying with error.

Regards
Feroze