Segfault at src/lib/misc.c:1193 in 3.0.4 (3.0.11 looks very similar)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Sep 26 21:53:10 CEST 2016

> On Sep 26, 2016, at 3:45 PM, Mike Ely <me at mikeely.org> wrote:
>
> Behavior is similar on two production hosts running Centos 7.2. Radius is setup as proxy only, passes authentication successfully for a time, then abruptly segfaults. Attached gdb to corefile and found this:
>
> Using host libthread_db library "/lib64/libthread_db.so.1".
> Core was generated by `/usr/sbin/radiusd -d /etc/raddb'.
> #0  fr_ipaddr_cmp (a=0x20, b=0x7f3965a30510) at src/lib/misc.c:1193
> 1193            if (a->af < b->af) return -1;
>

> It looks like it's somehow getting the memory address for "a" set to 0x20, which is obviously invalid, and then it segfaults.

  The gdb backtrace would be a lot more useful than just one line.

> Where should I look in the configs for where realm acct_pool servers is being set up and what would I expect to see in a configuration that would allow the server to run successfully and then crash abruptly like this?

  Is there any particular reason to ask a question like that?  Do you want help, or are you interested in insulting the developers?

  The server should not crash.  In fact, we've managed to do authentication proxying in 3.0.4 and 3.0.11 for millions of packets without a server crash.

  The default configuration doesn't crash.  Any configuration I've tried doesn't crash like this.

  So... what configuration changes did you make?  Can you describe what you did?

> Obviously let me know what other data to provide for debugging this.

  This is documented.

http://wiki.freeradius.org/project/bug-reports