accounting packet loss

liran kessel lirankessel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 17:12:33 CEST 2016

Hi

In the past I have asked regarding this message that appears in the radius log

Tue Sep 27 17:01:06 2016 : Error: Received conflicting packet from client XXXXXX port 33542 - ID: 47 due to unfinished request 885176866.  Giving up on old request.

and you explained that this is a problem probably because of my Mysql that is not managing to write quickly enough to the DB, and I understand that.

However after changes we have made to other processes that run on the MySQL we have reached the point that we are only loosing messages for 2 or 3 seconds every 15 minutes when our scheduled processing runs.

What I want to do is try and configure the radius to have a large enough cache to be able to handle this short spikes without losing messages, as I don’t have shortage in RAM.

I have played around with the following parameters in the radiusd.conf file but they don’t see to be helping .
max_requests
max_request_time
cleanup_delay

we are not sending a reply ack to the GGSN for any message so cleanup delay as I understand it isn’t critical.

is there a solution for me to “force” freeradius to be able to handle the MySQL problem without dropping messages?

Thanks in Advance.

Liran Kessel