Help for configuration 3.0.11

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Thu Sep 29 16:20:15 CEST 2016

On 29/09/2016 15:14, Philipp Trenz wrote:
> Only thing left is, that freeradius seems not to close the ldap-connection.
Correct. It keeps a pool of LDAP connections open for future use.

>   The ldap-admin
> says there are "error 11"s while the connection runs into a timeout and ldap then closes
> the connection after 60s or so. Any guesses where to start?

In mods-available/ldap:

                 #  LDAP_OPT_X_KEEPALIVE_IDLE

                 idle = 60

Also look at the pool { ... } section, which in turn makes use of values
set in the top-level radiusd.conf such as start_servers, max_servers etc.

I'm not entirely clear whether the errors you are seeing are because
freeradius is closing the connection after 60 seconds of it being
unused, or the server is doing so. Either way, there are knobs you can
tweak.