Framed-Pool precedence over Framed-IP-Address

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 11 18:27:22 CEST 2017

On Apr 11, 2017, at 4:32 PM, HugLeo <hugocanalli at gmail.com> wrote:

> In a older freeradius version I configure Framed-IP-Address for a username
> and that username get a ip address to network access.
>
> If I would like to block that username and I just change the username to
> access_deny group that have a Framed-Pool atribute. So my NAS can handle it
> and set a payment page to my user.
>
> But now I upgrade my freeradius server and it is not working anymore.

  You upgraded from what version to what other version?

  And what did you change when you upgraded?

> Now Framed-IP-Address is taking precedence over Framed-Pool. For it to
> worki I need to delete the Framed-IP-Address attribute.
>
> Is there any way to be like before? If I have Framed-IP-Address and Framed-Pool
> together I would like to use Framed-Pool.

  As always, read the debug output to see what the server is doing.

  And see "man unlang", or the SQL module documentation on http://wiki.freeradius.org.  The server behavior follows the documentation.  If the server isn't doing what you want, it's probably because you're telling it to do the wrong thing.