Force the client to use one specific EAP method

LUCA sfire at hotmail.it
Wed Apr 12 14:06:26 CEST 2017

Hi Stefan,

thank you for the reply.

>Why the effort? The client can initially *suggest* whatever it likes.
>The server will NAK it and tell the client what EAP method to use instead.

Exactly, after the client *suggest* which method would like to use, anyway to make the server tell the client to use one specific EAP method instead?

>So, what's the win in writing complicated things on the supplicant?

Well, unfortunately it was the only and impractical idea I came up with.

>One of the few things which work very nicely in EAP is the method auto-negotiation. :-)

Yes but for what I'm trying to accomplish I really need to address the negotiation to one specific method :-)

Luca