Matching in VSA

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Apr 13 21:59:29 CEST 2017

On Apr 13, 2017, at 3:46 PM, Noah <noah-list at enabled.com> wrote:
> I need to be able to match a client request with a specific key.  I generally do this by matching IPs in the clients.conf file.\

  Ok...

> Is there any way to match to a Vendor specific attribute?  For instance if the request comes in from a specific vendor-id in the request I could match based on that and a specific radius secret key is used for the radius authentication session.

  I'm not sure what that means.

  For FreeRADIUS, all attributes are just attributes.  It doesn't matter if they're "normal" ones or VSAs.  All of the attribute matching and comparison is done via standard methods.  See "man unlang".

  if you're asking whether you can match clients based on some information... the answer is "no".  Clients are matched based on IP address (or network).  See raddb/clients.conf.