freeradius 3.0.13 refusing to start with Heartbleed-unaffected OpenSSL version

 Konstantin Knaab-Hinrichs paradonym at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 21 08:50:32 CEST 2017

root@$HOSTNAME:/etc/raddb# dpkg --get-selections | grep libssl
libssl-dev:amd64                                install
libssl-doc                                      install
libssl1.0.0:amd64                               install
root@$HOSTNAME:/etc/raddb# apt-get purge libssl-dev

[snip]

Entfernen von libssl-dev:amd64 (1.0.1t-1+deb8u6) ...
dpkg: Warnung: Während Entfernens von libssl-dev:amd64 ist Verzeichnis
»/usr/include/openssl« nicht leer, wird daher nicht gelöscht  // directory
not empty
root@$HOSTNAME:/etc/raddb# apt-get autoremove && apt-get autoclean

[snip]

Die folgenden Pakete werden ENTFERNT: // autoremoved packages
  libssl-doc zlib1g-dev

[snip]

root@$HOSTNAME:/etc/raddb# apt-get update && apt-cache madison libssl-dev
libssl-dev | 1.0.1t-1+deb8u6 | http://security.debian.org/
jessie/updates/main amd64 Packages
libssl-dev | 1.0.1t-1+deb8u5 | http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ jessie/main
amd64 Packages
   openssl | 1.0.1t-1+deb8u5 | http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ jessie/main
Sources
   openssl | 1.0.1k-3+deb8u3 | http://security.debian.org/
jessie/updates/main Sources
   openssl | 1.0.1t-1+deb8u6 | http://security.debian.org/
jessie/updates/main Sources
root@$HOSTNAME:/etc/raddb# dpkg --get-selections | grep libssl1
libssl1.0.0:amd64                               install
root@$HOSTNAME:/etc/raddb# dpkg --get-selections | grep libssl-dev
root@$HOSTNAME:/etc/raddb# openssl version
OpenSSL 1.0.2k  26 Jan 2017

 -> The only libssl I have installed should be libssl1.0.0 which should not
be in the mentioned 1.0.1 - 1.0.1t rule. OpenSSL 1.0.2k shouldn't be in a
blocked range too.

root@$HOSTNAME:/home/$USER/freeradius3/freeradius-server-3.0.13#
./configure --with-raddbdir=/etc/raddb
root@$HOSTNAME:/home/$USER/freeradius3/freeradius-server-3.0.13# make

[snip]

scripts/boiler.mk:635: recipe for target
'build/objs/src/modules/rlm_eap/libeap/eap_tls.lo' failed
make: *** [build/objs/src/modules/rlm_eap/libeap/eap_tls.lo] Error 1

According to apt-cache madison and Google there isn't an unblocked
libssl-dev available to install. Why doesn't it work when
allow_vulnerable_openssl
= 'CVE-2016-6304' is set in radiusd.conf - as the debug mode of raddb says?
Do I have to ./configure with another option saying that I don't want the
blocked range - because I checked OpenSSL already?

Yours,
Konstantin