Setting up freeradius rlm_rest module

Alan Buxey alan.buxey at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 11:54:22 CEST 2017

why are you working/setting up such a hideously old version of Ubuntu?  all
your libraries and toolsets are old - luckily
the EOL for even the longest of LTS is next week!  ;-)

regarding the rest module - all the docs are in the module config (which
can be read eg here
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/v4.0.x/raddb/mods-available/rest
)

if you use the rest module, simply list it in the required place in your
virtual server config file - eg in authorize ,
the module will then call its 'authorize' section -  which, as you can see
in the module config , is a simple
GET by default.... which includes the various things you want to send to
your web server.... your server then responds
with the required code - all documented in the config.   if you want secure
connection to your server then configure TLS as required.

finally, there is a demo server, written in PERL to help you along.   if
you want to provide a similar basic demo in PHP for the project
then please do so :)

alan