Cannot get MySQL backend to work in Ubuntu 17.04

Alan Buxey alan.buxey at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 19:56:04 CEST 2017

you didnt correctly configure the SQL module..  you left the driver as
rlm_sql_null - which is a fake driver used to just simulate SQL
"Dummy SQL driver for logging SQL queries to disk, but not executing them"

change your config so the SQL module is actually using your MySQL
(MariaDB) server

driver = rlm_sql_mysql

(as per the 6 lines above the rlm_sql_null config line! ;-) )

alan