Freeradius Proxy - Framed IP Address Accounting attribute

Byron Jeffery byronjeffery at cem.org.au
Tue Aug 1 08:21:12 CEST 2017

Hi all

I currently have a test FreeRadius server setup for authentication (local
user file)  and DHCP which is working as intended, however, I am trying to
implement a solution whereby the Framed IP Address attribute and username
is sent to an accounting server at some point during or after the
authentication process.

My understanding is that after the user successfully authenticates, the
client device then proceeds to obtain an IP address from the DHCP, however,
am I correct in saying that if I wish to obtain the Framed IP Address, I
will not be able to obtain this after the authentication (ie: post-auth).
If so, am I able to make a call to the dhcp_sqlippool to get an IP during
the post-auth process or is there a better alternative method to do this?

   - Kind Regards

   - Byron Jeffery
   -